Our challenge for The Westin Brisbane was to re-position the brand from a corporate quarantine hotel during the COVID-19 pandemic, to a desirable luxury lifestyle destination for travellers and locals alike.
Eager to extend its appeal beyond hotel guests, The Westin Brisbane aimed to activate the untapped potential of its in-venue pool facility, the Nautilus Pool Bar. We Are Brooklyn collaborated on conceptualising the activation and devising an effective strategy to showcase the Nautilus Pool Bar to a wider Brisbane market in time for the upcoming holidays.
Leveraging public relations and media engagement, We Are Brooklyn orchestrated a multi-faceted approach to secure placement in traditional metro media to maximise the launch’s visibility. Our creative strategy worked to position the Nautilus Pool Bar not just as a brief pit-stop, but as a premier, summer destination that promises enjoyment and exclusivity. After exploring various angles to engage media and the broader Brisbane public, we landed on the concept of the “Nautilus Beach Club” launch party.
This event transformed the CBD with Brisbane’s first swim up pool bar, offering an experience reminiscent of upscale tropical venues abroad. Our efforts included a custom media and influencer event, and a targeted list of “famils” (familiarisation visits) during the launch’s initial weeks to drive awareness and encourage content generation. This approach built significant momentum, translating into extensive pieces of premium coverage, and a record-breaking campaign for The Westin group.
- Our media outreach yielded 16 media mentions across print and digital platforms, securing a reach of over 12.5M.
- The news was disseminated across several social media platforms, reaching readers of prominent local publications including The Weekend Edition, Secret Brisbane, Style Magazines, Urban List, and Concrete Playground.
- These publications issued multiple posts, cumulatively reaching over 1.5M readers.
- The influencer “famils” achieved a reach of 260K across reels, posts, and carousels, boosting user-generated content that highlighted the activations.
- This was further amplified by the media event, which alone achieved a reach of almost 160K on a single day.
- The campaign significantly generated additional revenue for The Westin Brisbane and resulted in new hotel guests who chose the hotel over its competitors in order to attend the Nautilus Pool Party.
About The Westin Brisbane
Boasting luxurious guest rooms, an idyllic wellness spa, and a swim-up pool bar holding the title as a Brisbane first, The Westin Brisbane stands as a metropolitan oasis in the heart of the CBD. Situated conveniently near Queen Street Mall, Eagle Street and major public transport hubs, The Westin Brisbane offers a five-star hotel escape that caters perfectly to the work-leisure crowd. Here, quality service and indulgent amenities seamlessly come together to create a remarkable experience.
Ready to dive into your own PR Campaign?