Well-known Brisbane coffee connoisseurs Bellissimo embarked on a novel venture, unveiling a pop-up restaurant within their expansive Bulimba location. Branded as Besitos, We Are Brooklyn synergised with the hospitality experts to spotlight the restaurant’s emergence to local lifestyle media. The goal encompassed positioning Besitos as a must-visit dining destination and fostering bookings for its launch and ongoing operation.
To achieve placement and cut-through, We Are Brooklyn navigated through a spectrum of Unique Selling Propositions (USPs). Story angles tailored for local lifestyle media were honed, and a holistic media relations campaign targeted influential food and event publications across Queensland. Establishing and nurturing connections with local publications, we extended “famils” (familiarisation visits) to handpicked journalists. This strategic move culminated in top-notch coverage and reviews. These journalists were granted a first-hand experience of the restaurant, allowing them to tangibly experience the key points of difference, instead of just hearing about them.
- The launch received extensive media attention, reaching an audience of over 5.2 million.
- With The Courier-Mail capturing the exclusive, our efforts materialised into 16 pieces of media coverage, including features in publications including Style Magazine, Urban List, My Brisbane, Must Do Brisbane, Concrete Playground, Sitchu, and Secret Brisbane.
- In our outreach, The Weekend Edition featured Besitos in three individual articles.
- We boosted the SEO power of Besitos through PR tactics with trusted media, listing Besitos in top searched listicles, including mentions as one of Brisbane’s “Best new restaurants to try”.
- Besitos’ much-anticipated opening evening was completely booked, a testament to the buzz generated through our strategic pre-launch campaign.
As seen in
Café by day and bespoke restaurant by night, Besitos is the Mediterranean dining experience that took Bulimba by storm. Meaning “little kisses”, Besitos was brought to life by hospitality masterminds Bellissimo, the pop-up combining theatre with food, and showcasing a delectable Mediterranean-infused, share-style menu to offer the ultimate culinary experience for the indecisive diner. With a rich 10-year history in the suburb, the team behind the venue wanted a way to transcend guests’ dining experience from morning to night, and found the answer in the rustic and passion-fueled pop-up inside their Bulimba café.
Ready to share your brand’s secret?